Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The Wheels On The Bus.

My Son's new favorite song is The Wheels On The Bus. My Mom is here in Nashville helping care for my little guy as I'm in the last leg of my second pregnancy and am basically immobile at the moment from sciatic pain. 


Turtle asks my Mom to sing his song while we're driving down the street.


Mom: Da' reel-ru' on da' bus-u' go round and round-u', round and round-u', round and round-u'. Da' reel-ru' on da' bus-u' go round and round-u' all down da' road-u'


Da bus-u' then hit da' curb-u', hit the curb-u' and da' bus almost hit da' ma...
Me: Mom! No, no, no! Don't say what you're about to say. 
Mom: Wha? I don't know this song. 
Mel: Yeah, let's stick to the ones you know. 






Mom and I don't often see eye to eye when it comes to certain vocabulary or topics being said to my son at the age of 2, i.e. the bus about to run over a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment