Thursday, February 2, 2012

Melons

Mom and I are at my Midwives' office. It's a bit crowded and we're waiting for my name to be called, so I can waddle back and get on with the routine checkups. We're seated next to a very pregnant mom with 2 cute toddlers, and a couple from Senegal.  

Mom: Melondie-a, you give baby milk like you do for my Wahng-ja? (Prince in Korean)
Me: That's my plan. Little man hasn't been really sick or any other major health issues with the exception of the Hand Foot and Mouth and sinus/allergies. So really, it's a win-win.
Mom: That's good... You know? You booboo look like BIG MELON.

::The lady with the kids just starts laughing. The couple look a little shocked. I'm mortified.::

Mom: You booboo only going to get bigger, then my Wahng-ja going to be jealous when he see you give my new baby milk with you MELON BOOBOO!
Me: Mom can we please stop talking about this right now?
Mom: What's wrong? Mommy just...

::The nurse opens the door and calls my name.::

Me: Oh thank God. 


No comments:

Post a Comment